Governor Recruitment -
Spring Term 2019
Vacancies have arisen for Foundation Governors on our Governing Body. Foundation Governors underpin the Christian foundation of the school, and we are looking to strengthen our team of committed individuals to support our school.
The Governing Body of our school is made up of Governors appointed by the Diocese from the local parishes, local authority, and parent and staff governors. The Governing Body plan for the development of the school, ensure standards of pupil achievement and keep the school under review. This is done in partnership with the Head teacher and key staff.
Governors do not need to be experts in the field of education. However an interest in the school and in the holistic development of our children here at Necton Primary School along with the time and willingness to get involved are vital. Everyone can bring a different skill set to the Governing Body and the skills you have can be very useful in broadening the expertise within the Governing Body. We welcome any applications and would be particularly interested in enhancing the areas of management and HR within our team.
At present our Governing Body expects Governors to:
- attend half termly meetings of the full Governing Board
- sit on either the Resources, Learning & Teaching or Personnel & Communications committee and attend the half termly meeting for this committee.
- visit the school formally and informally for monitoring purposes
- Attend training courses as required. (NB this can be done through organised educational sessions or on line training.)
In return, our Governing Body commits to:
- provide you with a structured induction
- provide access to quality training
- provide you with an experienced governor as mentor
If you would like to find out more about how you could contribute to governance at our school, please leave your details at the school office for the attention of the chair who will get in contact you.
We look forward to hearing from you
The Governing Body of Necton Primary School.